Monday, October 14, 2013

CHOP Day 3

Day 3 was much calmer.  We started feeds overnight and things were very quiet.  No pain with the feeds, no screaming.  Just (very) slow advances as we move toward his target of 65ml/h.

I discovered the downside to our particular room location - all day and all night, we are treated to a symphony of screaming children down in the ER.  I can't really complain, given how often my child is that screamer.

Going home happened quickly - CHOP would have been happy to keep him, but he was ready to come home.   When a boy is prancing around in his hospital crib, demanding lollipops - it's time to go.  It would actually take us a few more days to get his feed rate up to 65, so ultimately I was really glad we made the decision to go home.

It really is amazing - when he's sick, he's so sick.  When he's better, he's a squintillion times better, pronto.

I got to take these little hamhocks home <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this with your little guy. My daughter has similar issues but can't find what the cause is. But I want to reach out to you and let you know I have about 30 cans of elecare jr that she no longer needs all the cans were kept in my house the earliest expiration is march 2014. You are more than welcome to have it. I want to donate it but not sure where. From one mom to the other I just want to help where I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear what you ate going through with your little guy. My daughter had similar issues but no one had found what the cause is. However I wanted to reach out to you because I am trying to donate her elecare jr but not sure where to go. I'm not sure if he is still getting this formula but if he is you are more than welcome to it. I have about 48 cans that will just go to waste. My daughter's formula was switched and between all the hospitalizations we have a hefty pile. They were all kept in my home in the pantry which is cool and dry. Mom to mom I just want to help. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete